WELCOME NEW VOLUNTEERS
- Clean kennels, cages and cat rooms: We call this “housekeeping!”
- Brush, stroke, walk, hug: We call this “well worth housekeeping!”
7 days a week, 365 days a year The animals need us every day and are happy to see us every day. It doesn’t get much better than that! AM housekeeping starts at 8:00am and takes about 1.5 hours. PM housekeeping starts at 4:00pm and also takes about 1.5 hours.
If you are interested in helping out any morning or evening, please pick up an application during our open hours 10:00am until 2:00pm on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday. Orientation/training is provided on an as-needed basis. We hope to hear from you soon! If we don’t answer the phone, please leave a short message with your name and phone number. We may be out playing fetch with Fido!! We will return your call.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES on OPEN days: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 10am until 2pm
- Laundry: folding towels/blankets, sorting
- Dusting, sweeping, vacuuming
- Cutting and stapling: scratch paper
- Cleaning: inside viewing windows
- Sorting: leashes, collars, doggie outfits, toys
- Sharpening pencils – yes really!
- Dishwashing: food and water bowls and buckets
- Sanitizing: litter boxes and brooms
- Landscaping: water plants, pull weeds, clip dry leaves
- Cutting used linens for rags
- etc., etc., etc.
Please CONTACT us if you are interested in volunteering your time and talents. Your help is greatly needed and very much appreciated!
The following committees need your expertise. Please CONTACT us if you are interested or have any questions.
- Fundraising – large and small events
- Newsletter – quarterly update of happenings